Friday, April 23, 2004

I was just reading Dan Savages letters column in the village voice and there was letter about how his readers had created the term PEGGING (the act of a straight male getting ass fucked with a strap-on by a women, think Ralphie on the Sopranos) and the reader had noticed the term popping up in pop culture. Senor Savage also added that an episode of FX's The Shield had also used the term and even entitled the episode PEG. All this got me pondering how much I love the practice of creating new terms, words and sayings. This obsession goes back to highschool where we were obsessed with creating catch phrases to the point of ridiculousness. I had half the school using "Cheese Nerd" for the better part of my sophomore year. Later in my life, although not much further on the maturity scale, me and my cohorts racked our brains trying to come up with the female version of FREE BALLIN (always fun to sing to Tom Petty's Free Fallin). We never really could quite come up with something that clicked. Feel free to brainstorm your ideas on the comments section.


My buddy J-Flood wrote an excellent essay where he proposes a new term for gay men who aren't stereotypical gay. The term was STRAY. I loved it and the essay kicked ass as a piece of cultural criticism. He backburnered the idea because of the fascist political climate towards non breeders as he didn't want to be seen as a alternative lifestyles traitor. An honorable goal but I still say the world is worse without his new word. J-Flood still doesn't have a blog which is way more of a political crime than his birth of the term STRAY. J-Flood come out of the cave already the world needs your voice.....jeesh.

By the way if any of you are offended by talk of balls, ass fucking, homos or cheese nerds, please die. We need chemical showers for these knee jerk offended. The world is profane, deal. Maybe you should get more offended by the "collateral damage" caused by the war in Iraq (now there is a new term we could do without....) That last statement made me think that, unfortunately, the Pentagon seems to make up more new terms than any other group (shock and awe, operation just cause etc) maybe they are the new Saturday Night Live. I mean after all didn't G-Dumb just do a killer Dana Carvey at his press conference uttering "Stay the course" 3 or 4 times!

Yours in the Church Lady,
Cl